Today, it has indeed become mandatory for every individual whether man or woman to work hard to earn their bread and butter and to survive in this fast paced competitive world. But, as goes the saying, “All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy”, it is essential to keep rejuvenating yourself now and then to energize yourself to perform better.
Busy schedules and stressful lifestyle calls for the demand of various relaxation techniques such as laughing clubs, meditation centers, massage centers, salons, spas, etc. But, what about a steam bath? Have you ever given a thought to it? If you are a member of any health club or gym, then you might be just in luck. This is because almost every health club has this facility that is accessible to all its members. So, then what are you waiting for? Go on, use the facility, relax and rejuvenate yourself and take advantages of steam bath.
This bath has gained a lot of popularity lately, not only among the ladies but also the men as they have access to it in fitness centers, sports clubs, gyms, salons and spas, etc. But, it isn’t a new form of relaxation. It has been in practice since ages, especially popular among ancient Romans. They used to enjoy its benefits through natural hot water springs. As everything has its advantages and disadvantages, so does steam bath. So let’s get to steer clear the steam cloud and check out the pros and cons of it.
Steam Bath Benefits
- The most common benefit of steam bath is relaxation. It gives a soothing effect to your body and mind, thereby reducing stress levels and tension.
- It also provides your muscle the best form of relief especially near the joints. When joints and muscles are relaxed, you have fewer chances of encountering conditions like arthritis and other joint pains.
- You surely must have experienced sweating while taking this bath. The cumulative effect of sweating results in 30% reduction of toxins in your body. It is an effortless and a practical way to detox, and with a greater degree of effectiveness. Not even detoxifying foods can rival the benefit of this bath in this regard.
- This increases the temperature of your body temporarily. This phenomenon is known as hyperthermia.
- In a controlled setting, this favors you by killing harmful micro-organisms that might have invaded your body when you go out or perform routine activities. If not killed, organisms will at least be weakened, making them available to your immune system to fight them. Thus, it helps your immunity.
- This regulates and stimulates the flow of blood and boosts your metabolism. Thus, it also aids in steam bathweight loss.
- It helps you generate heat from your body. This in turn increases the blood circulation to your skin and thereby helps in skin nourishment.
- The heat thus also generated helps you to get rid of the fat deposited under the skin. For people with oily skin, it is an added benefit, because it reduces the chances of developing acne that is caused due to fat in the sebaceous glands.
- Steam bath benefits for skin: Post having this bath; your skin looks significantly radiant and healthier. The skin gets sufficiently hydrated which improves its elasticity and gives a youthful look. Detoxification also helps in making your skin glow.
All good uses of steam bath bring along with them certain undesirable aspects too. Similarly, there are certain disadvantages of the bath too. Lets check out on them.
Disadvantages of Steam Bath
- If the water is too hard, certain impurities, such as chlorine, and other chemicals if any, may be absorbed by your skin that may not be healthy to your body.
- Improper installation and portable steam bath may sometimes cause headache to the user.
- The heat emitted from the steam room may not be suitable for those who have asthma and heart problems.
- Installing this is a little expensive affair.
Comparatively if you see, steam bath advantages overlooks its minor disadvantages. You can surely relax and rejuvenate yourself once in every ten days by opting out for a steam bath procedure. I am sure after learning all the benefits of this procedure; you are surely not going to miss a chance to take it. Make full-fledged use of this wonderful facility provided by your health clubs and centers or salons and spas.
Do our readers think it is a must for every individual to take this bath? Let us know in the comments section below. So from now, which will be your preferred form of relaxation? Let us know in the comments below!
Read more: http://www.inlifehealthcare.com/blog/steam-bath-benefits/